So I had this good size eggplant in my fridge for a few days and had been trying to figure out what to do with it. I have never made Eggplant Parmesan and went looking up recipes. However I wasn’t a fan of everything calling for frying in breadcrumbs, not very healthy! So I took a chance and altered some things and got rid of frying and breadcrumbs and baked it instead. However if you have access to a grill, you can also grill it for a few minutes on each side instead! It was delicious!
• 1 medium size eggplant
• Olive oil cooking spray
• Sea salt
• Marinara sauce
• 15 Oz Ricotta cheese
• 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
• 1 egg
How to Make:
1. Heat the oven to 450. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice eggplant the short way into slices that are about 1/2inch wide so you have a bunch of round pieces. Lay them on the baking sheet, sprinkle with sea salt. Put them in the oven for 10 minutes, flip, then bake for another 10 minutes. You can grill them too, just keep an eye on them and cook them for only a few minutes on each side! You want them to be golden brown on each side.
2. While the eggplant is cooking, mix the ricotta cheese, parsley, egg, and parmesan cheese in a bowl together.
3. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and lay down a thin layer of marinara sauce.
4. Remove the eggplant (careful, use an oven mitt! It’s hot!) and lay a couple slices on top of the sauce in the pan. Spoon a blob of the cheese mixture on top of the eggplant, add some sauce on top and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
5. Then lay another slice of eggplant on top, and repeat with cheese mixture, sauce, and mozzarella. This should use up all the eggplant slices, if not add another layer.
6. Cover with foil and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
7. Remove foil, and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
8. Remove and let cool for a few minutes so it’s not piping hot.
9. Top with some springs of parsley and serve! I like to put some red potatoes or asparagus on the side!
Love this recipe!? Share it with friends and family!
Follow me on Instagram @aliciaa_ann21
Like my page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/foodandfitalicia