Nothing is better than Fall crisp air, cooler temperatures and pumpkin spice!! This yummy, high protein healthy breakfast will get you in the Fall mood and fueled up for those leave peeping hikes and runs!
1. 1/2 C oats
2. 3 Tablespoons almond milk
3. 1 scoop pumpkin pie protein powder (I used PeScience, it’s delicious!)
4. Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spices
6. Assorted toppings! I used walnuts, pumpkin seeds and almond butter.
1. Cook oats, I usually add some water and microwave them for 2 minutes.
2. When cooked add almond milk, protein powder, flax seeds, pumpkin pie and cinnamon spices.
If you’re anything like me, you love baking and the smell of hot banana bread in the oven. My Mom made banana bread my whole life growing up, but now that I’m working with a coach and considering competing in Bikini Diva, I’m being more conscious about my protein intake and what is going in to fuel my runs and muscles! But I still love food and dark chocolate is an anti-inflammatory so here we go! I tweaked Mom’s recipe to include less sugar and more protein powder, but still kept the the chocolate and walnuts!
• 2 Scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Snickerdoodle by PEScience) • 1/4 C Almond or Coconut flour • 1 T Baking Soda • 1/4 C Sugar • Dark chocolate chips and walnuts • Dash of salt
• 2 Bananas (over ripe is best) • 2 eggs • 2 Tsp egg whites • Splash of vanilla • 1 T Coconut oil (melted)
1.) Mix wet ingredients
2.) Mix dry ingredients
3.) Spray a loaf pan with olive oil cooking spray and pre-heat the oven to 325
4.) Mix dry and wet ingredients and add to loaf pan. Top with dark chocolate chips and walnuts
5.) Bake for 15-30 minutes, check at 30 minutes, you don’t want to overcook! You should be able to put a toothpick in it and it comes out clean.
I modified a lot of the recipe but the above is the original my friend Tonya sent me! I love these because they’re so easy to meal prep, grab and go! Breakfast is my favorite meal!
1/2 C Egg Whites
1/2 C Cheddar Cheese
5 Grape Tomatos
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
Dash of salt and pepper
Crushed red pepper (optional! I prefer without after experimenting)
125 g cooked turkey or ham (I used lunchmeat!)
2 Slices Turkey Bacon
How to Make:
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Mix chopped grape tomatoes, chopped bell pepper, chopped turkey, cheddar cheese, scallions, Italian seasoning. Divide evenly into muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray filling each about 2/3 full. Top with more turkey or ham, cheese and crisped turkey bacon.
4. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes (at 400°). Allow to cool slightly and serve. In my oven 15 minutes was perfect!
5. Serve 2 slices Turkey bacon on the side. You can also chop it up and add it to each cup or top them with it!
Today is LEG DAY on a cold Fall morning! I woke up this morning to a rainy, chilly downpour. I’ve been trying to get in the habit of doing an ab workout before breakfast, so that was first up over on YouTube to my favorite ab guru, Pamela! Here is the video I did this morning:
I love me some pumpkin spice (and pumpkin everything really!) and have been wanting to try a pumpkin protein shake for a while. So after scouring some of the internet I combined some things from recipes and it was soooo delicious!
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Macros: 44 Carbs | 32 Protein | 8 Fat
• 1 C Almond Milk
• 1/2 C Old Fashion Oats
• 1 Scoop Cinnamon Protein Powder
• Spoonful of all natural canned pumpkin
• Dash of Cinnamon + Pumpkin Spice
Blend all ingredients and top with extra cinnamon. Delicious! Plus it kept me full and fueled through my workout!
Booooooooty Day! 👻
A good leg and booty day for a workout, followed by a stretch and walk if the weather clears up!
Treadmill Incline Walk: 20 Min
20 Banded Sidesteps
15 Banded Kickbacks
15 Banded Sidekicks
15 Banded Hip Thrusts/ 10 Adductors
4 Sets of 10: Dumbbell Sumo Squats
3 Sets of 15: Hip thrusts w/ band + dumbbell
3 Sets of 12: Lunges
3 Sets of 12: Cable Kickbacks
3 Sets of 15: Elevated Hip Thrusts
3 Sets of 30: Banded Hip Thrusts
3 Sets of 10: Leg Extension Machine
3 Sets of 10: Leg Curl Machine
20 Jumping squats
20 Minutes Peloton Bike with 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down!
This is a little bit extended of a workout than I would normally do on a day I have to work, but I’m staying home to relax the next two nights so extra workouts it is!
Outfit is Flex by Gymshark! I think I need to size down in pants but both pieces are a medium and so comfy!
As a kid I always loved the instant apple cinnamon oatmeal (to which I’d add more applesauce to)! So here is a little bit of a healthier option (without the packages and preservatives! I had a side of my favorite scrambled egg whites too, but if you’re in a hurry fee free to skip them. I usually have a stash of hard boiled eggs in the fridge (fresh from the chickens!) that I can grab and go on days I don’t have time to cook eggs.
• 1/2 C dry oats
• 1 small/ medium Apple
• Almond butter, natural peanut butter or my new fave PB Fit
• 1/4 C egg whites
• Sprinkle of cheddar cheese
• Green onions
How to make:
• Put oats into bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
• Chop Apple into small cube pieces and add to bowl.
• Add water until all ingredients are pretty much covered
• Microwave for 2-3 min
• While oats are cooking, spray a skillet with olive oil cooking spray, and add egg whites. When they are mostly cooked, add a bit of cheddar cheese.
• Once eggs are cooked, plate them and too with salsa and green onion slices. I chop them up with kitchen scissors!
• When oats are cooked, the apples should be a little tender. Stir it up and too with nut butter and serve!
So I had this good size eggplant in my fridge for a few days and had been trying to figure out what to do with it. I have never made Eggplant Parmesan and went looking up recipes. However I wasn’t a fan of everything calling for frying in breadcrumbs, not very healthy! So I took a chance and altered some things and got rid of frying and breadcrumbs and baked it instead. However if you have access to a grill, you can also grill it for a few minutes on each side instead! It was delicious!
• 1 medium size eggplant
• Olive oil cooking spray
• Sea salt
• Marinara sauce
• 15 Oz Ricotta cheese
• 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
• 1 egg
How to Make:
1. Heat the oven to 450. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice eggplant the short way into slices that are about 1/2inch wide so you have a bunch of round pieces. Lay them on the baking sheet, sprinkle with sea salt. Put them in the oven for 10 minutes, flip, then bake for another 10 minutes. You can grill them too, just keep an eye on them and cook them for only a few minutes on each side! You want them to be golden brown on each side.
2. While the eggplant is cooking, mix the ricotta cheese, parsley, egg, and parmesan cheese in a bowl together.
3. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and lay down a thin layer of marinara sauce.
4. Remove the eggplant (careful, use an oven mitt! It’s hot!) and lay a couple slices on top of the sauce in the pan. Spoon a blob of the cheese mixture on top of the eggplant, add some sauce on top and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
5. Then lay another slice of eggplant on top, and repeat with cheese mixture, sauce, and mozzarella. This should use up all the eggplant slices, if not add another layer.
6. Cover with foil and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
7. Remove foil, and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
8. Remove and let cool for a few minutes so it’s not piping hot.
9. Top with some springs of parsley and serve! I like to put some red potatoes or asparagus on the side!
Love this recipe!? Share it with friends and family!
So I bought this food scale for a fitness challenge I’m doing (ok more like drinking wine every night and failing lol) and haven’t really used it because I’m lazy and it kind of seems obsessive. But it is good for tracking in My Fitness Pal because guessing you only ate 60 calories of avocado when indeed you ate 160 calories of avocado is no bueno. So this breakfast was measured! Anyway, I’ll put more thought on my fitness challenge at the bottom because I know you’re here for the food!
Eggs, Avocado Toast and Stawbs
1/2 avocado (mine was 66 grams)
Slice of bread (I used the 45 calorie bread from Pepperidge Farm)
Strawberries (mine were 120 grams)
Chopped green onion
Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
How to Make:
Ok so this isn’t rocket science but here it is:
1. Fry eggs (or scramble them…whatever!) Use non stick spray/ pan!
2. Cut the avocado (save the other half!) mash it up and chop some green onion into it. Stick toast in the toaster.
3. Make sure your eggs aren’t burning. It’s probably a good time to flip them if you’re just frying them like me!
4. Scoop the avocado onto the toast and sprinkle with EBTB seasoning. Cut the tops off the strawberries and add them to the plate.
5. Eggs are done! Add them to the plate!
6. Have some coffee in a sarcastic mug (I loveeeeee Hocus Pocus…doesn’t matter that it’s summer!)
And the awesome mug!
The Fitness Challenge! (And what I change in it because I’m a rebel!)
Ok so I signed up for this fun Get Fit in 6 challenge with one of my favorite fitness gals Nicole Ferrier! It’s been super fun but I’ve gone off track a LOT with eating and tracking macros. I haven’t missed a workout though and definitely see muscle changes but the scale hasn’t really moved (I’m looking at you wine….) The main reason I wanted to do this is because she calculates macros, cardio and calories for you based on your goals, and I’ve always wanted to have my macros done. Even though I will soon be qualified to do this on my own (yay nutrition and CPT classes!) I’ve literally just had 1400 calories plugged into MFP for years with high protein low fat guesstimates. Well rude awakening to me…I wasn’t coming CLOSE to what I need for protein (it’s super hard to hit) most days and eating way to many carbs. Carbs are GOOD and essential…just don’t eat 200g of them and like 60g of protein! Oops. Ok I’m learning I never said I was a pro (yet). Anyway, I will do another post and probably a video of some of my workouts because besides the fact that my cardio was pretty much eliminated (she wanted me to walk 4x a week for 20 min) when I Peloton for 30-45 min a day, walk 5 miles with my bestie daily, and am a “runner” I have to say I disregarded the cardio recommendation (I know, I’m awful, I just shouldn’t do challenges because I clearly can’t follow directions!) and kept doing my cardio how I wanted. As much as I hate running, I always feel good after doing it. This morning I woke up having major anxiety over my failing job search since all of my industries have been eliminated because of the thing going on, and I have to find a way to make an actual living (not minimum wage, I can’t survive on that)! I’m hoping I can get through my CPT class and exam in good time because there are a lot of training jobs in my area. Anyway, I don’t want to get all Emo on you guys! I will have some workout and stretching posts coming soon so be on the lookout for those! I’m also going to be doing more on my You Tube channel (it’s so lame right now, I promise it’s going to get better) so check that out too:
I have only recently joined on the avocado toast bandwagon and I have to say I’m hooked, especially making it this way!
Macros: 258 Calories; 16 Protein, 31 Carbs, 9 Fat
1 small avocado
1/4C Low-fat cottage cheese
2 slices of your favorite bread (I use Peperidge Farm Lite bread, only 45 calories!
Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel seasoning
How to make:
1. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and slice it up and push the slices into a bowl. Pop the toast in the toaster.
2. Mash it up! I use a potato masher because it’s easier than a fork.
3. Add the low-fat cottage cheese to the avocado and mix it together.
4. Chop off some bits of chives (I use kitchen scissors so I don’t have to dirty a cutting bored…lazy cook hack haha) add in and stir.
5. Scoop the mixture on top of the toast which should have popped up done by now. Top with Everything But The Bagel. Seriously if you haven’t tried this stuff yet….DO IT. You won’t regret it!!!
Enjoy!! I added some turkey slices this day because I was a little short on protein to hit my macros and it makes a nice addition!
I got the idea to mix cottage cheese in with avocado from Katie Corio (@cutekatiebug on the gram) and love it! I tend to buy small avocados so I can use all of the flesh and not try to store it because I get grossed out when it turns brown!
Ingredients: 1 Scoop of vanilla or cinnamon protein powder (I use 1 Up Nutrition) 1/2 of a banana 1/4 cup coconut or chickpea flour 1 TSP baking powder 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
Sugar free maple syrup Blueberries Strawberries
How to Make!
Combine ingredients except for berries and syrup in a blender.
Spray a griddle or griddle pan (or really any flat pan you have!) with a nonstick olive oil based spray.
Pour batter onto griddle into pancake shapes (you can get creative here)!
*Optional* I like to poke my blueberries into the pancakes right after I pour them and then use my finger to coat them with batter so they don’t bubble out as much! A trick my Mom taught me!
Cook until you start to see them golden brown (I check them after a few minutes)
Flip! Cook until golden brown on the other side.
Plate, add strawberries and extra blueberries, add maple syrup.
Lunch: Eggplant Primavera
1 large chicken breast, cubed 1/2 Eggplant, cubed 1 Cup of broccoli florets ½ a white or red onion, sliced 1 large red bell pepper, sliced 1/2 Cup of pasta sauce ¼ Cup parmesan cheese Sprinkle of pink sea salt Sprinkle of pepper 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to Make:
Cut up chicken breast and heat some oil in a skillet. Place chicken in the skillet to cook on medium, flipping after about 6 minutes.
Add oil to another skillet and add in chopped up veggies. Stir them around every few minutes until cooked.
Warm pasta sauce in the microwave.
When veggies are cooked, place them on a plate, topping them with the chicken, pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Dinner: Salmon and a Large Salad
4 oz of Salmon Curley Parsley Pink Sea Salt Pepper Lemon Juice 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Spring Mix 1 C Cucumber 1 C Grape Tomato’s (or any tomato’s I just prefer these!) Feta Cheese Basil Leaves Sliced Almonds Your favorite light dressing
How to Make:
In a pan, drop in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and let it warm up so it spreads around. Once it is a little warm, shake the pan around so it is coated.
Place the salmon in the skillet with the skin on, but place it flesh side down so all you see is the back of the skin.
While the salmon is cooking, combine the salad ingredients on a plate and drizzle with dressin.
After 5-10 minutes (depending on how hot your stove is) flip the salmon so it cooks skin side down for a few extra minutes until cooked through. You know it is cooked when it flakes easily with a fork. Season with sea salt, pepper, and parsley.
Add salmon to the plate with salad.
Dessert: Protein Mug Cake!
I’m OBSESSED with these lately! Omg! So good!
1 scoop protein powder (I used 1 Up Nutrition Cinnamon French Toast) 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon coconut or chickpea flour 2 tablespoons almond milk 2 tablespoons egg whites 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Dark chocolate chips (who am I to tell you how many…) Sugar free maple syrup
How to Make:
Combine dry ingredients.
Add in wet ingredients
Throw some chocolate chips in there so they get all gooey
Cook for 1 min in the microwave
Add more chocolate chips
Drizzle with sugar free maple syrup
Enjoy the most bomb thing you will have eaten today!
My snacks for the day:
Morning snack: Pina Colada Protein shake- 1 Scoop of 1 Up Nutrition Coconut Ice cream protein powder, 1 can of pineapple juice (or some slices of fresh pineapple!), 1/4 C of almond milk, and a handful of ice in the blender. So tropical!
Afternoon Snack: Dannon Protein Yogurt and an Apple.
I was pretty darn close to hitting my macros this day! I also drank 130 ml of water!
I’m not affiliated with 1 Up Nutrition, it’s just the protein and supplements I’ve been using for YEARS. *Sponsor me pleaseeee LOL*