As a kid I always loved the instant apple cinnamon oatmeal (to which I’d add more applesauce to)! So here is a little bit of a healthier option (without the packages and preservatives! I had a side of my favorite scrambled egg whites too, but if you’re in a hurry fee free to skip them. I usually have a stash of hard boiled eggs in the fridge (fresh from the chickens!) that I can grab and go on days I don’t have time to cook eggs.
• 1/2 C dry oats
• 1 small/ medium Apple
• Almond butter, natural peanut butter or my new fave PB Fit
• 1/4 C egg whites
• Sprinkle of cheddar cheese
• Green onions
How to make:
• Put oats into bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
• Chop Apple into small cube pieces and add to bowl.
• Add water until all ingredients are pretty much covered
• Microwave for 2-3 min
• While oats are cooking, spray a skillet with olive oil cooking spray, and add egg whites. When they are mostly cooked, add a bit of cheddar cheese.
• Once eggs are cooked, plate them and too with salsa and green onion slices. I chop them up with kitchen scissors!
• When oats are cooked, the apples should be a little tender. Stir it up and too with nut butter and serve!