I have only recently joined on the avocado toast bandwagon and I have to say I’m hooked, especially making it this way!
Macros: 258 Calories; 16 Protein, 31 Carbs, 9 Fat
1 small avocado
1/4C Low-fat cottage cheese
2 slices of your favorite bread (I use Peperidge Farm Lite bread, only 45 calories!
Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel seasoning
How to make:
1. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and slice it up and push the slices into a bowl. Pop the toast in the toaster.
2. Mash it up! I use a potato masher because it’s easier than a fork.
3. Add the low-fat cottage cheese to the avocado and mix it together.
4. Chop off some bits of chives (I use kitchen scissors so I don’t have to dirty a cutting bored…lazy cook hack haha) add in and stir.
5. Scoop the mixture on top of the toast which should have popped up done by now. Top with Everything But The Bagel. Seriously if you haven’t tried this stuff yet….DO IT. You won’t regret it!!!
Enjoy!! I added some turkey slices this day because I was a little short on protein to hit my macros and it makes a nice addition!
I got the idea to mix cottage cheese in with avocado from Katie Corio (@cutekatiebug on the gram) and love it! I tend to buy small avocados so I can use all of the flesh and not try to store it because I get grossed out when it turns brown!