Another favorite is coming out to play today! I literally LOVE seafood, including salmon and it’s so easy to make. Lucky enough, I live in Rhode Island where fresh seafood is readily available. If you don’t live seaside, make sure to look for fish that is wild caught and not farm raised (especially tilapia!) to make sure the health benefits aren’t being washed out by chemicals and the (really gross, you don’t even want to know) things that farm raised fish are fed.
4 oz of salmon
1/2 of a bunch of asparagus (approximate)
1/2 C of brown rice
Non-stick olive oil based cooking spray
How to Make:
- Set the oven to 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While it is pre-heating, line a baking pan with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Lay salmon on the pan (skin on, skin side down), and the asparagus, mist them both lightly with olive oil.
- Season salmon and asparagus with sea salt, pepper, and dried basil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, cook the brown rice according to the package. I find it usually takes about the same time to cook as the salmon and asparagus. Drain the rice and scoop 1/2 C onto the plate. There will be extra, great for meal prep!
- Carefully take the baking pan out of the oven and use a flat spatula to slide the salmon up off the foil, it should come off easy.
- Use the same method to scoop the asparagus onto the plate.